Making a good impression in a job interview is a big concern for everyone, especially when all you have is one chance to make a positive impression!
Believe it or not, but how you wear your hair can really change the way you are perceived by those around you. Every time you try a new hairstyle, it brings out a new personality in you. When it comes to interviews, the key is to sport a hairstyle that highlights your individuality without going crazy and overboard. After all, grooming yourself and looking your very best tremendously boosts your confidence too.
• Frizz and a messy hair-do is a complete no-no.
• Accessorizing your hair with beads, clips and other jazz can be a show stopper. The interviewer might get the impression that you are trying too hard to please them with your looks.
• Don’t let your hair fall on your face. Remember, eye contact is a must during interviews.
• Hats or bandanas may leave you looking very casual and unfit for a formal interview. Even if that has been your style, be flexible and get rid of them for a day.
• Don’t let your hair get messed up in humid weather, rain or strong wind. Be careful of such factors and take care accordingly.
• Wash your hair one day before the interview. This will not only smoothen and tame your hair but will also save on time for the big day!
• Wear clothes and makeup that suit your hairstyle. However, remember that simplicity and professionalism will go a long way in making that much talked about ‘first impression’.
• Know your hair type and decide whether to let your hair loose or put them up in a neat ponytail or a bun.
• If you have long and thick hair, you should preferably tie them up in a ponytail or bun as you will not forgetfully fiddle with it then.
Tips for all hair types -
• If you have straight and silky hair, the idea is to neatly let them loose. Also, make sure that they do not cover your face or eyes and are in control of their movement. A tight ponytail will highlight your facial expressions.
• If you are gifted with beautiful bouncy curls, you can either make a nice loose bun or could open them up. Always make sure that your curls are not frizzy.
• If you have a bob cut/short hair, keeping your forehead clean by pinning up the bangs and the fringe will do the trick for you!
• If you have straight, thin and limp hair, letting them open with a hair-band is the perfect way to have a tidy and professional look for the interview!
So ladies, as you are about to enter the corporate world and carve your careers, follow our tips and you shall sail through the interview smoothly! And don’t forget to charm them with that beautiful smile!